CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To assist with the smooth running of the event on the day, the following Rules and Conditions have been set. By completing your registration on-line you have understood and agreed to be bound by these Conditions:
- Only those motor vehicles built prior to 31 December 1959 are eligible to take part.
- All motor vehicles must be substantially to manufacturers’ specifications, roadworthy and of acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Committee.
- The onus of proof of date of build is the entrant’s responsibility. If required by the Committee such proof must be substantiated and be supported by a Statutory Declaration. In the event of false information being supplied, the vehicle and entrant will be disqualified from entry and all entry monies paid will be forfeited.
- All motor vehicles must be registered or on permit.
- All motor vehicles must be driven/ridden by a licensed driver/rider who shall comply with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1959 as amended. A holder of a Learners’ Permit shall not be entitled to drive/ride in the event.
- Vehicles are required to participate under their own power from start to finish. Trailering or towing of any motor vehicle will result in disqualification. The motor vehicle and the driver/rider will be immediately disqualified from taking part in the event.
- All entrants will observe the current road laws and speed limits over the route, in particular those rules referring to the correct carriage of passengers and the wearing of approved motorcycle safety helmets.
- All entrants and passengers shall conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Entrants and passengers are subject to the directions and control, in all things, of the Organisers of the event, their agents and officials.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 5 August 2016. Limited to 1750 vehicles.
- a Payment of entry fees is accepted by cheque or money order made payable to Bay to Birdwood Run Committee Inc. Payment in cash will not be accepted. Payment may also be made by Credit Card with surcharge to cover merchant fee.
b Any payment received in excess of the prescribed entry fee will be treated as a donation.
c Any refund, less 10% administration cost, will be made solely at the discretion of the Committee whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
d Entry fees will not be returned for cancellation of entries after the 5 August 2016. All rejected entries will have their fees refunded.
e Any entries received after the closing date will incur a late fee of $15.
- Entrants for the event must supply a recent photograph of their vehicle with their entry form.
- The decision of the Judging Panel and the Organisers shall be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No substitution of entries will be allowed except under the following conditions:
a The substitute motor vehicle in all respects, must conform with the requirements of these conditions.
b The substitution shall be made with the knowledge and approval of the Entry Directors and the payment of such fees as the Committee may set.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reject or terminate any entry at any time and/or for any reason.
- Entry numbers may only be displayed on the motor vehicles to which they have been assigned. Failure to display entry number will result in the motor vehicle and the driver/rider being immediately disqualified from taking part in the event.
- Entrants will only be eligible to receive a plaque if they commence from the official start at Adelaide Shores, West Beach and complete the scheduled route to Birdwood on/in their motor vehicle before 4.00pm on Sunday 25 September 2016.
- Entrants hereby authorise the Organisers to photograph, film or reproduce in any medium the entrants, motor vehicles used in the event and any other aspect of the event, and hereby acknowledge that the Organisers shall have the free and unrestricted right to use entrants’ names and or such reproductions in the advertising and promotion of the event and future events to entrants.
- As part of the Risk Management Strategy, a NO ANIMALS, NO GLASS policy will be enforced.
- Entrants conducting themselves in a dangerous manner, or in a manner likely to bring the Bay to Birdwood event and its organisers into disrepute, shall be disqualified immediately.
- The Committee reserves the right to amend or add to these Rules at any time.
CONCOURS d’ELEGANCE and PRESERVATION ENTRY
A $30 surcharge applies for Concours d’Elegance and Preservation entrants.
As a Concours and/or Preservation entrant you have agreed to compete in the spirit of the Bay to Birdwood Run. We have prepared some basic rules and guidelines to assist you in your endeavours.
- All vehicles must comply with the conditions of entry.
- A photo which clearly displays your vehicle must be submitted with your entry form.
- Vehicles must be presented for judging at the National Motor Museum, Birdwood in the allocated judging area.
- You must stay with your vehicle until judging has been completed, this may be until after 12.30 pm.
- Finalists will be asked to move their vehicles to a display area at approximately 1.30 pm.
- Vehicles arriving after midday may not be judged and may be ineligible for the Concours.
- As entrants of the Concours or Preservation Class your vehicle must be presented in a suitable condition for competition.
- If you decide to withdraw from being judged for any reason, please advise the Director of Judges as soon as possible to avoid any confusion on the day.
A significant number of the judging points are allocated to clothing so you must wear suitable attire to the era of the vehicle to be considered as a Concours entrant.
There will be only one overall winner, however all finalists will be presented with a finalist certificate.
SUITABLE CONDITION – means a well presented and detailed vehicle. IT DOES NOT MEAN faded paint, ripped, torn or badly worn interior or vehicles in an overall poor condition.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF RULE REGARDING PREVIOUS WINNERS OF THE CONCOURS - Any vehicle which wins the overall Concours will not be eligible to win or enter the Concours section for the next 10 consecutive Bay to Birdwood events.
Previous winning vehicles are most welcome to enter and are invited to park with the Concours vehicles in a special display of previous winning Concours vehicles.
Entrants are encouraged to wear suitable attire related to the era of the vehicle, however no judging points will be awarded for your attire.
There will be only one overall winner, however if in the opinion of the judges no vehicle satisfies the required standards, no award will be made.
Judging will be undertaken by an expert panel using the Federation Internationale des Vehicules Anciens (FIVA) / Historic Vehicle Association (HVA) judging schedule.
SUITABLE CONDITION – means a well presented vehicle without restoration or significant modification. The overall condition of the vehicle must be substantially unaltered from original delivery, but may show signs of sympathetic use.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE - Winners of the Preservation trophy will not be eligible to enter the Preservation class for the next 10 consecutive Bay to Birdwood events.