CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To assist with the smooth running of the event on the day, the following Rules and Conditions have been set. By completing your registration on-line you have understood and agreed to be bound by these Conditions:
- Only those motor vehicles built between 1956 and 1981 are eligible to take part.
- All motor vehicles must be substantially to manufacturers’ specifications, roadworthy and of acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Committee.
- The onus of proof of date of build is the entrant’s If required by the Committee such proof must be substantiated and be supported by a Statutory Declaration. In the event of false information being supplied, the vehicle and entrant will be disqualified from entry and all entry monies paid will be forfeited.
- All motor vehicles must be registered or on permit.
- All motor vehicles must be driven/ridden by a licensed driver/rider who shall comply with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1959 as A holder of a Learners’ Permit shall not be entitled to drive/ride in the event.
- Trailering or towing of any entrant vehicle will result in disqualificati The motor vehicle and the driver/rider will be immediately disqualified from taking part in the event.
- All entrants will observe the current road laws and speed limits over the route, in particular those rules referring to the correct carriage of passengers and the wearing of approved motorcycle safety helmets.
- All entrants and passengers shall conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Entrants and passengers are subject to the directions and control, in all things, by the Organisers of the event, their agents and officials.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 4 August Limited to 1750 vehicles.
- a Any payment received in excess of the prescribed entry fee will be treated as a donation.
b Any refund, less 10% administration cost, will be made solely at the discretion of the Committee whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
c Entry fees will not be returned for cancellation of entries after the 4 August 2017. All rejected entries will have their fees refunded.
d Any entries received after the closing date will incur a late fee of $15.
- Entrants for the event must supply a photograph of their vehicle with their entry form as it will be presented on the day.
- The decision of the Judging Panel and the Organisers shall be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No substitution of entries will be allowed except under the following conditions:
a The substitute motor vehicle in all respects, must conform with the requirements of these conditions.
b The substitution shall be made with the knowledge and approval of the Entry Directors and the payment of such fees as the Committee may set.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reject or terminate any entry at any time and/or for any reason.
- Entry numbers may only be displayed on the motor vehicles to which they have been assi Failure to display entry number will result in the motor vehicle and the driver/rider being immediately disqualified from taking part in the event.
- Entrants will only be eligible to receive a plaque if they commence from the official start at Adelaide Shores, West Beach and complete the scheduled route to Birdwood on/in their motor vehicle before 4.00pm on Sunday 24 September 2017.
- Entrants hereby authorise the Organisers to photograph, film or reproduce in any medium the entrants, motor vehicles used in the event and any other aspect of the event, and hereby acknowledge that the Organisers shall have the free and unrestricted right to use entrants’ names and or such reproductions in the advertising and promotion of the event and future events to entrants.
- As part of the Risk Management Strategy, a NO ANIMALS, NO GLASS policy will be enforced.
- Entrants conducting themselves in a dangerous manner, or in a manner likely to bring the Bay to Birdwood event and its organisers into disrepute, shall be disqualified immediately.
- The Committee reserves the right to amend or add to these Rules at any time.
- Towing of a caravan or boat is only permitted if it is of the period and approval is given by the Entry Director.